Mino Games is on a mission to bring the world together through gaming by building the next $100 Billion character-driven franchise.
In the late 2000s, the gaming industry went through a tectonic shift with the release of the App Store. Mino Games was started in 2011 to take advantage of this explosive growth and build the next mega-franchise. Since those early days, we’ve built four successful games - Mino Monsters 1 & 2, Cat Game, and Dog Game – with each of them generating tens of millions in revenue. Our mega-hit Cat Game has achieved more than 13 Million downloads and is universally loved by our players. We have also built an amazing team along the way.
A Decade later, we see a new tectonic shift happening in gaming. Content creators and AI promise to change the industry far more than mobile games did – it has unlocked the potential to acquire customers and retain them at low to no costs by connecting developers directly with their community. In 2022, we raised $15 million to double down on our mission from some of the biggest names in gaming, including Bing Gordon, and Don Mattrick, founders of EA, Zynga.
We need YOU, the Senior Character Concept Artist to design the characters and creatures of our ever-expanding multiverse! Imagine Marvel x Pokemon - You will be designing the next idol superheroes and iconic monsters! Let’s maximize your creative juice, to design characters, aliens, robots, mechs, creatures, golems, demons, and gods. The look and feel of the IP universe will be yours to design!
We’re 100% focused on building this next mega-franchise, but to make this ambitious future a reality we need the help of the best and brightest minds in the industry. If you are passionate, ambitious, and creative and share our vision for the future, come join us. Let's build this together.
🛠 You will:
- Character Art:
- Concept, clean up and color new characters or new traits for existing characters of the game using Photoshop.
- Expand on character designs, creating rotations, poses, facial expressions, etc.
- Rapid conceptualization by using Photobash and sketches.
- Highly refined polish passes to create poster-quality character key art.
- Concept Brainstorming:
- Adapt to the existing style while bringing your own knowledge to the team to push the game, art appeal, and story.
- Contribute to the art direction of different cohesive dimensions and worlds using color and design to establish the universe of Dimensionals.
- For your peers and contracting companies in the form of draw-overs and notes.
- Learn from peers and welcome feedback.
- Process Improvement:
- Identify and suggest improvements in the art production process by clearly communicating blockers and brainstorming solutions with leads and their team.
- Assist the team in keeping documentation such as our character art bible, art process documents, and best practices on our Confluence up to date.
- Document the execution and design process of every Dimension species.
You have :
- 5+ years in mobile games/desktop game development.
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong traditional drawing skills, anatomy, composition, light, color theory, and draftsmanship
- Experience working with Web3 NFT games.
- Have experience illustrating and designing for a toy company.
- Having experience with the full cycle of a game production pipeline.
- Previous working experience in a video game or animation studio.
- Familiarity with animation and how design works.
- Fully Remote: We’re fully remote and offer flexible hours.
- Paid Vacations: We offer 20 days of PTO a year.
- Paid Winter Break: Additional time off at the end of the year for rest and relaxation.
- Holidays: We follow local holidays in Canada. Our international employees get to enjoy those days as holidays as well.
- Flexible Personal & Sick days: Feeling unwell? Not to worry, we got your back!
- Health Insurance: We provide health insurance for all associates no matter where they are.
- Mental Health & Wellness Perks: We provide access to general wellness & mental health products.
- Training: We offer learning and development opportunities to help you continue leveling up.
- Independent Creativity: Mino Games is independent, which means we can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
- Activities: Our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with team and company-wide surprises and activities.