Mino Games is on a mission to bring the world together through gaming by building the next $100 Billion character-driven franchise.
In the late 2000s, the gaming industry went through a tectonic shift with the release of the App Store. Mino Games was started in 2011 to take advantage of this explosive growth and build the next mega-franchise. Since those early days, we’ve built four successful games - Mino Monsters 1 & 2, Cat Game, and Dog Game – with each of them generating tens of millions in revenue. Our mega-hit Cat Game has achieved more than 13 Million downloads and is universally loved by our players. We have also built an amazing team along the way.
On our mission to build the next $100 billion gaming franchise, it takes long-term strategy, laser-focus on outcomes, resilience, and years of hard work to achieve a vision of that magnitude. We have assembled a leadership team with decades of proven gaming, technology, and entrepreneurship success. We are looking for an operations leader to join our operations team to elevate the performance and help manage our next phase of growth.
🛠 You will be responsible for:
1. Operational Project Management
- Manage a cadence of core HR, finance, and operational business processes
- Identify and drive progress against cross-functional OKRs critical for success.
2. Policy, Procedure, and Process
- Create organizational policies
- Build SOPs for org policies
- Enforce org standard and policy adherence
- Manage SOP documentation
- Create workflows and automation for processes
- Train teams and roll-out process
- Business Processes Optimization
- Identifying & removing inefficiencies
- Designing and implementing protocols, SOPs and establishing policies that are aligned with company culture and vision
- Stay current on labor laws and ensure HR policies and practices are in compliance.
3. Human Resources Management
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures in compliance with local labor laws and organizational standards.
- Administer employee benefits programs and ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Address employee relations issues, conduct investigations, and facilitate conflict resolution.
4. Procurement - Manage new tech acquisition and vendor relationships
- Identify the need for new tools in the organization
- Evaluate and negotiate across a range of available tools
- Setup, organize & manage platforms and tools across departments
- Creating training, SOPs, and promoting the adoption of the tool in the company
- Monitor tool usage and adherence to SOPs
- Identifying AOR across teams and assigning DRI and Backup to AOR
- Create a clear reporting structure for teams, and manage structured reporting of KPIs and progress in these teams to executives
- Work closely with the executive team to drive priorities and execute against quarterly/annual roadmaps.
- Prepare regular reports on HR metrics, operational efficiency, and compliance.
- Managing internal communications with the team including
i. Weekly Townhalls
ii. Monthly OKR review + product updates
iii. Quarterly Team Offsite
7. Facilitate strategic sessions and workshops with executives
8. Identify and lead strategic research initiatives
- Utilize EAs to source information and package information into executive briefings
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Proven experience in human resources and operations management roles.
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Bias for action
- Been part of a scaling remote startup in an Ops role
- Hands-on gaming or entertainment experience
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Analytical skills
- Effective Communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
Fully Remote: We’re fully remote and offer flexible hours.
Paid Vacations: We offer 20 days of PTO a year.
Paid Winter Break: Additional time off at the end of the year for rest and relaxation.
Holidays: We follow local holidays in Canada. Our international employees get to enjoy those days as holidays as well.
Flexible Personal and sick days: Feeling unwell? Not to worry, we got your back!
Health Insurance: We provide health insurance for all associates no matter where they are.
Mental Health & Wellness Perks: We provide access to general wellness & mental health products.
Training: We offer learning and development opportunities to help you continue leveling up.
Independent Creativity: Mino Games is independent, which means we can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
Activities: Our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with the team and company-wide surprises and activities.
Mino Games hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you’re curious and would like to know more, apply!