Mino Games is on a mission to bring the world together through gaming by building the next $100 Billion franchise.
In the late 2000s, the gaming industry went through a tectonic shift with the release of the App Store. Mino Games was started in 2011 to take advantage of this explosive growth and build the next mega-franchise. Since those early days, we’ve built four successful games - Mino Monsters 1 & 2, Cat Game, and Dog Game – with each of them generating tens of millions in revenue. Our mega-hit Cat Game has achieved more than 13 Million downloads and is universally loved by our players. We have also built an amazing team along the way.
One of the most important positions we are currently seeking is an Engineering Technical Manager to join our team. As the Technical Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development of the gaming experiences. You will lead a team of talented Unity developers and will work closely with cross-functional teams, including artists, designers, product managers, and delivery managers, to create captivating gameplay mechanics, stunning visual effects, and seamless player experiences. You will also focus on creating a great working environment and a high-performing team with excellent development and quality standards.
We’re 100% focused on building this next mega-franchise, “Dimensionals,” and to make this ambitious future a reality, we need the help of the best and brightest minds in the industry. If you are passionate, ambitious, creative and share our vision for the future, come join us. Let's build this together.
🛠 You will:
Leading a team of Unity software development engineers in developing and evolving our core technologies to provide best-in-class experiences and gameplay features
- Improving and defining technical requirements, documentation, and best practices
- Mentor and coach engineers to ensure new learning, code quality, and incorporating best practices during their development.
- Work with engineers to provide oversight and guidance on active projects to help unblock the teams.
- Conduct code reviews and TDD reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive continuous improvement in development processes.
- Propose and evaluate tools and plugins we will use in Unity and the overall development of the SDLC process.
Develop and maintain scalable, modular, and efficient code for current and future projects.
- Create and maintain high-quality, simple documentation in a way that can be easily followed.
Work with the team to drive the design and development of a clear unity architecture to support the needs of our growing feature set across multiple platforms and devices.
- Write Technical Designs (TDD) that cover the model, view, and server architecture for new features.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a Unity developer, having shipped at least two games from start to finish.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Software Engineering Lead or Software Engineering Manager with direct reports.
- Strong understanding of Unity game development.
- Excellent proficiency in C#, and object-oriented programming.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience in game design mechanics as well as with performance and optimization tools.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture best practices.
- Experience with agile development practices and SDLC.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Proven leadership skills and examples of taking initiative.
- Passion for gaming.
Location: We’re hybrid (based in Montreal, Canada) with flexible hours.
Paid Vacations: We offer 20 days of PTO a year.
Paid Winter Break: Additional time off at the end of the year for rest and relaxation.
Holidays: We follow local holidays in Canada. Our international employees get to enjoy those days as holidays as well.
Flexible Personal & Sick days: Feeling unwell? Not to worry, we got your back!
Health Insurance: We provide health insurance for all associates, no matter where they are.
Mental Health & Wellness Perks: We provide access to general wellness & mental health products.
Training: We offer learning and development opportunities to help you continue leveling up.
Independent Creativity: Mino Games is independent, which means we can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
Activities: Our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with team and company-wide surprises and activities.